IMU BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE
ELECTRIC, WATER AND COMMUNICATIONS UTILITIES
MARCH 27, 2017
The Board of Trustees met in regular session at 5:30 p.m. on March 27, 2017 in the City HallCouncil Chambers. Chairperson Adam Voigts called the meeting to order and on roll call the followingmembers were present: Lesley Forbush, Jim McClymond (via phone), Mike Rozga and Adam Voigts. Absent: Deb White.
Jon and Margaret Vernon, 401 W. Ashland, spoke regarding the 2017 Sustainability Fair on April 8, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Blake Field House – 403 S.15th Street.
The consent agenda consisting of the following was approved on a motion by Rozga and seconded by Forbush. Question was called for and on voice vote the Chairperson declared the motion carried unanimously.
- Claims list for March 6 and 20, 2017
- Minutes from February 27, 2017
- Salary – Jackie Raffety, Utility Services Representative, CE 4-1 $35,894/year effective March 20, 2017
- February 2017 Treasurer and Financial Reports
Mike Maloney with DA Davidson presented an update on the fiber project financing and timeline including:
- Update on working group progress to date
- Business plan components
- Operating projections
- Capital expenditures funding and initial operating funding
- Communications utility flow of funds
- Debt/lease structure – preferred option
- Security pledge for main infrastructure funding
- Communications utility revenue loan – potential goals
Board member McClymond was excused from the meeting.
A motion was made by Forbush and seconded by Rozga to approve the 2017 Electric Underwriting Engagement Agreement with DA Davidson. Question was called for and on voice vote the Chairperson declared the motion carried unanimously.
General Manager Rob Stangel presented a Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska (MEAN) update. Electric Superintendent Mike Metcalf presented information regarding the Electric Utility.
The Board discussed the water consumption at 1007 N. 1st Street. This item will be placed on the April 10, 2017 agenda.
Lou Elbert, Water Superintendent presented information regarding the Water Utility Information Items.
General Manger Rob Stangel reported on the Combined Electric, Water and Communications Utilities Informational Items.
Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m. on a motion by Forbush and seconded by Rozga.